Anything worthwhile that you can do, will likely scare you.
You probably woke up today wanting more. To do more, be more, or live in a way that lights you up.
But something got in your way, didn’t it? Maybe you stayed small, acted out of what you’re expected to do. Maybe you played it safe, instead of following your heart. Maybe you don’t even know what your heart says half the time because your brain is in the way.
That can change, right now. Keep reading to find out how…
If you ask yourself “Is this all there is?” or feel deflated at the thought of waking up every morning for the next 30 years to do exactly what you’re doing now, you’re not living your dream.
If the first thing you would do if you won the lottery or got diagnosed with cancer is quit everything you’re doing now, you’re cheating yourself.
We all have reasons why we’re not doing what we want, but if you give them a good hard look, most of them boil down to fear.
Imagine if you weren’t afraid.
Imagine having the confidence to take on your greatest projects, and succeed!
Imagine how it would feel to stop worrying what other people think of you or how you compare.
Imagine if you didn’t have to waste time struggling with yourself because you’re too intimidated to get started.
Imagine the relief of letting go of your self-doubt and worry.
Imagine the power of knowing you can cope with any situation that comes along.
Imagine how it would feel to run your own life and go after your dreams, without fear dragging you down and holding you back.
This is true freedom.
And it comes from overcoming your fears.
I’ve been there.
I know how it feels to struggle with fear. A few years ago, I was a complete mess. I hated my life, but I didn’t know what to do about it. That scared me so much, I couldn’t even face how unhappy I was.
The more afraid I got, the worse it got. I was afraid of everything, even my own thoughts. From the outside, my life looked pretty good, and I was determined to keep it that way. But that was just a shell to hide what was really going on.
I think, deep down, my biggest fear of all was that if I faced reality, I would have to change my life. If I acknowledged how unhappy I was, I would have to take action and do something about it.
When I started turning my life around, it didn’t happen overnight, but it did happen. If you had told me back then how great things are going now, I don’t think I would have believed that I would…
- race cars for fun
- create a successful blog with friends and visitors from all over the world
- help other people change their lives and be happier
- write an ebook on how to have a good relationship, and get it into over 1100 buyers’ hands in the first two months
- come up with the idea for a huge project, get dozens of big-name people to collaborate, and see it gross over $100,000 dollars in three days
- quit my job and follow my dream of supporting myself as a writer
The thing is, all of this was in my power all along. I just didn’t see it. My own fears, doubts, and mistaken beliefs were holding me back and keeping me trapped in a life of misery. All that time, I had the key to my own cell and chains. I just didn’t realize it.
The benefits of a post-fear life…
It’s amazing, once you start facing your fears and doing the things you’re afraid of, how gratifying it is. It’s not just being able to do the things you always wanted, although that is very satisfying. It’s also how great you feel about yourself!
You respect yourself more and realize your worth. You no longer need to compare yourself to other people or worry about what they think, because you have confidence in yourself. And you open yourself up to so many more possibilities!
As I’ve done each scary thing, it has seemed terrifying before I did it, merely part of life while I did it, and astonishingly no big deal after I did it.
As I’ve demonstrated to myself that each of these things was neither impossible nor dangerous, my comfort zone has gotten bigger, giving me a foundation for trying new, bigger things. And I’m not sure there’s anything more exhilarating than the whoosh of your comfort zone expanding, whether it’s from big adventures or just tackling everyday challenges that once had the better of you.
The world opens up for you.
I want this for you, and I know how hard it is to get there by yourself.
When you’re alone and afraid, the fears can feed on each other and multiply until you feel paralyzed. If you’re at all like I was, you may have fears like these.
What if I’m making a fool of myself?
What if I’m being unrealistic? I don’t have it that bad. Maybe I should just be grateful things aren’t worse.
What if there’s something wrong with me and I can’t do any better than this?
What if nothing ever changes and I keep struggling with these same problems and fears forever?
What if I fail?
What if I succeed and everyone hates me for it?
What if everyone finds out how weak and imperfect I am?
When I was stuck in my fears a few years ago, what I wouldn’t have given for a guide to hold my hand and help me through!
Here’s what I would have loved to have in my dark days:
- Direction on where or how to start
- Help figuring out what I really wanted or what direction to take with my life
- A safe place where I could admit how lost I was and get help
- People who had overcome the same or worse to offer wisdom and inspiration
- Someone to help me calm down and tell me it’s going to be ok
- Others in the same boat to compare notes with, celebrate my victories and motivate me to keep growing
- Clear explanations of how fear works, what was really going on inside my head, and how to overcome it
- Guidance in unearthing and moving beyond my inner roadblocks
- Support to help me build confidence and momentum, and keep going
All of these things would have helped immensely, and that’s why I’m building them into the workshop I’m creating for you.
I know many of you struggle with the same things I did.
When I asked if anyone was interested in learning to overcome your fears, the response blew me away. Your comments, emails, and survey responses have shown me that this is something you need, now!
You want freedom.
You want to breathe easier.
You want to do what you want.
You want to make a difference in people’s lives.
You want to be able to conquer anything that comes your way.
You want to be happy.
You want to be able to look back on your life and be proud that you took the risks to be your best self and make the most of your life.
I want to see you do all this and more. I want to see you living your dreams, and dreaming bigger and bigger. So I got to work developing a workshop to help you do just that.
Introducing Beyond Fear
Beyond Fear will be a 12-week online workshop to guide you in transcending your fear. Changing your life takes time, so I’m not just going to give you the content and walk. I’ll stay with you for 90 days to make sure you succeed.
Beyond Fear will start August 29. Each week, you’ll get:
- written information to learn how fear works and how to get past it,
- worksheets and exercises to guide you,
- real life stories of people who have overcome fear (and what you can learn from their experiences!), and
- handy summary sheets and checklists for quick reference
We’ll also have 9 awesome speakers to inspire you and give you far more wisdom than I ever could: Jonathan Mead, Tyler Tervooren, Ashley Ambirge, Jen Gresham, Jenny Blake, Molly Mahar, Lachlan Cotter, Karen Walrond, and Farnoosh Brock.
It takes time to change your thinking, which is the first step in changing your life. We’ll be together for three months, making real, lasting changes.
All of the content will be delivered online, and everything will be recorded for easy access if you miss something or have a scheduling conflict. Everything will be organized in one members-only website so that you can find it easily and use it whenever you want.
Here’s what we’ll cover.
- How to get started (including how to figure out where to start)
- Why you feel afraid when, rationally, you know there’s no real danger
- How to overcome worries and anxiety, step by step
- How to get clear on what you’re really afraid of
- How to handle disasters, keep your cool, cope with everyday life
- How to gain confidence when you don’t have it
- How to distinguish unfounded fears from the voice of wisdom
- How to use what-ifs to your advantage
- How to become brave
- How to get out of your own way and stop sabotaging yourself
- How to stop worrying what others think or comparing yourself to others
- How to make good decisions
- How to overcome your past and excuses to regain control of your life
- How to figure out what you really want
- The best way to start something new to maximize your success
- Why most procrastination comes from fear, and how to break its hold
- How to figure out what to do next and make progress
- How (and why!) to build a support network for yourself, even if you’re afraid of people and don’t like accepting help
- How to select challenges to maximize your growth
- How to make real, lasting change that sticks
- How to break failure’s power over you
- How to get control of your life
I’m serious about helping you overcome your fears. Here are two incredible bonuses for even more support:
- Forums to provide a built-in support network of others who are confronting the same struggles you are, and making the same changes you are.
- Weekly Q&A calls to guide you and help keep you on track.
This workshop is for you if:
- You’re tired of being afraid.
- You don’t want to waste any more time worrying that you’re not good enough or you’ll make a fool of yourself.
- Your fears are holding you back.
- You want the power to control your life and do what you want, instead of sticking with the status quo or settling for less.
Here’s how to get it
Signups are closed, sorry!
I plan to offer this again in January 2012. Sign up here to get first dibs next time around.
At the end of this workshop, I expect you to feel far less fearful and anxious, have the confidence to take on bigger challenges, and have the vision to see freedom and possibilities opening up before you.
If it turns out you don’t like the program or think it will work for you, let me know in the first 30 days, and I’ll refund your money. No hassles, no hard feelings. In fact, if you go through the workshop and don’t grow to the point where you (not your fears!) control your life, I will have failed you. Tell me and I’ll refund the whole thing. I don’t want your money if this doesn’t work for you.
See what I did there? I removed all of the risk from you. You have absolutely nothing to lose.
Sign up above to get on the waiting list. I’ll make sure you get first shot at this next time it’s offered.